Speaking to the Treasury Committee, an influential group of UK lawmakers, the governor said that he was "in no doubt that the single most pressing thing is to get banks to resume normal lending."
"One way or another we have to get banks to lend," King said. "I don't think I'd rule anything out at this stage." Measures that would m
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde