Sweden’s central bank will start looking at the legal and technical changes needed to introduce a state-backed digital currency, it said today (October 26).
One possible change could be to the central bank’s own mandate.
Cash use in Sweden is falling sharply and this is causing problems for some social groups, the Sveriges Riksbank says in its latest e-krona report. The value of cash in circulation in Sweden has declined by around 50% since 2008 to just over 1% of GDP, according to the
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?