Bank of Finland governor Erkki Liikanen will donate one month's net salary, €10,000 ($11,164), to the Red Cross, to help support refugees, he revealed yesterday (September 6).
Europe continues to struggle to respond to the flow of people across borders, with the largest number coming from Syria, but others from countries including Afghanistan, Eritrea, Kosovo and Nigeria.
According to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees more than 300,000 people have taken the "dangerous sea route" across the M
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor