Suptech strategy adoption remains below 50%

Resource constraints and data quality issues are still barriers

The proportion of central banks with a supervisory technology (suptech) strategy has remained less than half, the Fintech Benchmarks 2024 finds.

The initiative only exists in 16 (41%) of 39 central banks. It is lacking in the remainder of 23 (59%) jurisdictions. The trend is similar to the 2023 and 2022 benchmarks. 

Central Banking asked respondents about the biggest hindrances to adopting a suptech strategy. Most institutions identified resource constraints (85.7%), data quality (82.1%) and

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Central Banking? View our subscription options

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account