Franco, told Bloomberg, a news agency, on Wednesday: "Replacing the dollar as an invoicing currency for something else doesn't make a lot of sense."
Franco headed the central bank from August 1997 to March 1999.
His comments come after an unnamed central bank official was quoted in the Tuesday edition of the Finan
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms