The reform to the Central Bank Law will place $6 billion of foreign reserves into a special development fund called Fonden, especially created to receive oil income earned by the world's No. 5 petroleum exporter.
The legislation, which was passed by the government majority in congress, says the money will be used to pay for President Hugo Chavez's so
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency