"It is the responsibility of and is within the ability of the central bank ... to avoid inflation and provide for a stable low inflation environment," Stern told business leaders at a lunch held by the Minneapolis Fed's Helena, Montana, branch. "We at the Federal Reserve will adhere to that objective."
Stern is the longest serving of the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations