"Without further foreign exchange diversification, Asian central banks will continue to be heavily overweight dollar assets which are expected to underperform significantly according to consensus expectations," Thomas Stolper, an economist at Goldman Sachs, wrote in the report.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard