"The residential property market is a major victim of this rate hike," Credit Suisse said in the report.
"Heavy borrowers will face a bigger interest rate burden too," it added.
"The move has departed from the usual rituals of using the reserve requirement ratio and open market operations
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say