Several significant international banks have recently claimed that the central bank was preparing to allow the rouble to appreciate and had recommended customers buy the currency on expectations that its value will soar.
But Konstanstin Korischenko, a deputy chairman at the central bank, told reporters on Tuesday that the speculation was "the main criteria for distinguishing rational investors from ir
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank