Some economists say the twelve central banks which make up the ECB system do not need the same level of reserves as they did when they managed separate currencies. If reserves were reduced, they could release several billion euro for the Irish Exchequer, and several hundred billion for other cash-str
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank