In the latest edition of its World Economic Outlook (WEO), the IMF said: "Although the global economy has sustained strong growth in recent quarters, turbulence in financial markets has clouded the prospects."
The Fund predicts growth will "remain a solid 4.75%" after estimating in the previous edition of the WEO, published in July, that it would hit about 5.25%.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde