The right "economic governance" for the eurozone risks being a never ending story. In 1991 the French attempted to create a "European economic government" accompanying the creation of the monetary union. But for the Germans this was a sort of casus belli. At that time this debate was put aside in order to avoid any danger to the creation of economic and monetary union (EMU) on the basis of the German model. But the underlying tension remains.
Why was this a casus belli for t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde