At the end of February this year, India's finance minister, P. Chidambaram, announced that some of India's foreign exchange reserves would be diverted to help raise funds to spend on infrastructure projects. Debate on a transfer from the Reserve Bank of India's reserves has been simmering away in Indian politics for some time, but to date tentative suggestions from the government have been rebuffed by the central bank.
The recent proposal is more concrete and has not yet bee
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré