Macau: Chan Sau San has been promoted to chairman of the Monetary Authority of Macau for a period of one year, beginning on August 26. He has a PhD in economics and finance from the University of Hong Kong and a masters in economics from Warwick University in the UK.
In August 2015, Chan became the manager of the board of directors at the monetary authority. From 2001 to 2015, he was the director of the department of statistical studies at the institution.
Chan replaces Anselmo Teng Lin Seng,
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says