A working paper published by the Netherlands Bank examines the impact of the eurozone’s sovereign debt crisis on labour markets.
In Credit shocks and the European labour market, Katalin Bodnár et al use firm-level data for 24 European countries, collected by the wage dynamics network of the European System of Central Banks.
The authors compile a set of indexes measuring stress in European credit markets from 2010 to 2013. They then attempt to trace the influence of stressed credit markets on l
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms