The Banque de France is investing in Chinese government bonds through the onshore renminbi market, Philippe Mongars, deputy director of market operations at the central bank, revealed today.
Mongars told an audience at the National Asset-Liability Management conference in London that the offshore market "is not a natural habitat" for central banks to invest their reserves in as it is dominated by corporate bonds.
The Banque de France has, instead, negotiated an agreement with the People's Bank o
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor