The general assembly of the Central Bank of Iran has appointed Valiollah Seif as the bank's new governor, with Iranian president Hassan Rouhani presiding over the decision to replace Mahmud Bahmani.
According to local press reports, Seif has until now been managing director of the privately owned Karafarin Bank. The decision was taken by Rouhani along with the other members of the governing council including minister of economy and finance Ali Tayyebnia along with the minister of industry, mines
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says