Financial institutions need to go beyond rules set by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to achieve high quality corporate governance, Ravi Menon, managing director of the MAS said in a speech to the Securities Investors Association in Singaporeon on October 1.
Menon said rules alone could not assure high levels of governance. The MAS introduced a "comply or explain" code of corporate governance earlier in 2012, but Menon said some explanations in cases of non-compliance had been of limi
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS