Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission, has called for Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orban to withdraw a draft law that threatens the National Bank of Hungary's (NBH) independence.
On Wednesday, the European Commission confirmed that Barroso had sent a letter to Orban in which he expressed "serious doubts" over the compatibility of the current version of the NBH bill with Article 130 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union (EU). In the letter, which is not ava
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system