Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission, has called for Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orban to withdraw a draft law that threatens the National Bank of Hungary's (NBH) independence.
On Wednesday, the European Commission confirmed that Barroso had sent a letter to Orban in which he expressed "serious doubts" over the compatibility of the current version of the NBH bill with Article 130 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union (EU). In the letter, which is not ava
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde