Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission, has called for Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orban to withdraw a draft law that threatens the National Bank of Hungary's (NBH) independence.
On Wednesday, the European Commission confirmed that Barroso had sent a letter to Orban in which he expressed "serious doubts" over the compatibility of the current version of the NBH bill with Article 130 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union (EU). In the letter, which is not ava
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls