Richard Fisher, the president of the Dallas Federal Reserve, on Monday attacked the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) decision to buy an additional $600 billion-worth of Treasury bonds by next June, saying the purchases will do little to create jobs and much to spur financial speculation at the expense of poor Americans.
"There are some green shoots beginning to emerge in a landscape still pocked-marked by brown spots. General economic conditions are improving slightly and are expected to c
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations