Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank, has declared himself impartial on which eurozone member wins Sunday's World Cup final.
The Netherlands and Spain will contest the final and, on Thursday, Trichet was asked if, given the likely economic boost the winner will gain, he had a favourite.
"I've said from time to time that one should not underestimate Europe. It's quite impressive that of the best four teams in the world you have three European ones - all from the euro
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit