Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank, has declared himself impartial on which eurozone member wins Sunday's World Cup final.
The Netherlands and Spain will contest the final and, on Thursday, Trichet was asked if, given the likely economic boost the winner will gain, he had a favourite.
"I've said from time to time that one should not underestimate Europe. It's quite impressive that of the best four teams in the world you have three European ones - all from the euro ar
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré