Duvvuri Subbarao, the governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), and Henrique Meirelles, the governor of the Central Bank of Brazil, have added their voice to calls urging China to allow the renminbi to appreciate.
The calls come ahead of the meeting of G20 finance ministers that begins in the United States on Thursday.
Subbarao told reporters on Wednesday that allowing the Chinese currency to rise would take some of the pressure off other countries struggling to compete. "If some countries ma
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting