Muto, currently deputy governor at the central bank, is widely accepted as the leading candidate to take over from Toshihiko Fukui, whose term expires next month.
But the matter has become a political football, with the opposition Democratic Party of Japan, who gained control of parliament's upper house in July last ye
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations