An estimated 25,000 employees of the central bank went on strike over a dispute regarding pensions.
The strike came at a very difficult time for traders - a day after the central bank cut interest rates for the first since 2004 - who were hoping to trade on expectations of further rate cuts, as the Indian economy feels the heat from slowing global demand.
The strike, which involves 20 regi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations