The move was brokered by African mediators including the South African President Thabo Mbeki and Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The Nigerian Foreign Affairs minister announced the move, saying "The Prime Minister who will lead the transition period that is expected to end in October 2006 is Mr Charles Konan Banny.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations