The move was brokered by African mediators including the South African President Thabo Mbeki and Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The Nigerian Foreign Affairs minister announced the move, saying "The Prime Minister who will lead the transition period that is expected to end in October 2006 is Mr Charles Konan Banny.
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit