Dame Juliet will take up the appointment on 1 August 2006. She was previously the Treasury Solicitor and Head of the Government Legal Service. The position was held by Malcolm Glover until early 2005 and, since then, by Len Berkowitz, who agreed to return to the Bank temporarily until the role was filled on a permanent basis.
Of the appointment the Gove
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say