The central bank said that the poor performance was primarily due to exchange-rate losses on foreign currency investments. The central bank noted that the $54 billion bailout fund for UBS, the country's biggest bank, was not included in the results "owing to the loss protection provided by the lender."
The results contrast with an Sfr8 billion profit for 2007.
The losses on foreign currency i
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations