"Interest rates are accommodative," Coene told AFX News in the interview.
Since there are inflation risks they are more likely to go up than down, he said.
He told AFX the European Central Bank governing council evaluates the situation on the basis of data, rather than giving vague indications
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting