"It would be unfortunate if people base their wage demands on the actual increases or past increases in food prices. That is a recipe for disaster" he said, but added that for labour unions to exercise restraint in the increases they are asking for, they must be confident that inflation is being controlled.
"We need to demonstrate that inflation is c
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production