Sir Callum McCarthy, the chairman of the Financial Services Authority (FSA) - the UK's financial watchdog, has said the authorities should alter banking regulation in light of the problems faced by Northern Rock.
Speaking in London on Thursday night, McCarthy said: "The last week has been sobering for all of us, and we need to reflect and then act to prevent repetition of anxieties and concerns which I recognise and with which I sympathise."
The chairman echoed Mervyn King, the governor of th
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde