The gold price reached $319.60 an ounce on Wednesday, its highest price since it hit $338 in October 1999, as investors sought a safe-haven for their money.
"You've got to look at the political situation in Kashmir with India and Pakistan seemingly preparing for war. This is now the key driver pushing gold prices higher," said TheBullionDesk.com analyst, Ross Nor
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde