What is your assessment of the risks arising from the build-up of "global imbalances"?
While the situation may appear stable in the short run, the global imbalances are resulting in a cross-border allocation of capital that will eventually be both unsustainable and inefficient from a global welfare standpoint. Indeed, the question is not whether there will be a re-alignment of the imbalances at some stage; the question is when does this happen, and does the re-alignment occur in an orderly fashi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations