Several news agencies have reported that the Bank of England prevented the Venezuelan government from gaining access to $1.2 billion in gold reserves following a request from US authorities.
The BoE has not commented on the request. “The Bank of England provides banking services – including gold custody services – to a large number of customers. The Bank does not comment on any of those relationships, which are subject to customer confidentiality,” a BoE spokesperson told Central Banking. “In
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Video Q&A: Natalie Dempster, World Gold Council
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change