The UK’s Royal Mint has launched a new gold tracking system, the first component of a digital gold trading platform based on blockchain technology.
“The system tracks the ownership of the gold held in our vaults on a distributed ledger. Firms which want to trade the gold can connect to the ledger and transact across it,” David Janczewski, director for new business at the Royal Mint, tells Central Banking.
First conceived in 2016, the tracking system forms the basis of a digital trading platfor
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?