The renminbi can "complement" rather than challenge the reserve currency status of the dollar and the euro as its role on the international stage expands, according to the Central Bank of Nigeria's Lamido Yuguda.
Yuguda, head of reserves at the central bank, discusses the benefits of a multipolar system in an interview with Nick Carver in the book HSBC Reserve Management Trends 2015, published today.
He believes that attaining reserve currency status forces that area's authorities to "pursue pol
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say