Israel: The Israeli government has confirmed the appointment of two new officials and the reappointment of another to the Bank of Israel’s monetary policy committee, after a three-year selection process.
Following an extensive search by the Candidate Search Committee, Zvi Hercowitz and Moshe Hazan were chosen to replace departed Rafi Melnick and Alex Cukierman, who completed their terms in 2014 and 2015, respectively.
The central bank law states three people from the general public must serve
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes