Israel: The Israeli government has confirmed the appointment of two new officials and the reappointment of another to the Bank of Israel’s monetary policy committee, after a three-year selection process.
Following an extensive search by the Candidate Search Committee, Zvi Hercowitz and Moshe Hazan were chosen to replace departed Rafi Melnick and Alex Cukierman, who completed their terms in 2014 and 2015, respectively.
The central bank law states three people from the general public must serve
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system