The Bank of Uganda’s Emmanuel Tumusiime-Mutebile has struck back publicly in an escalating row over whether he acted improperly in reshuffling senior staff earlier this year.
Tumusiime-Mutebile calls recent press coverage of the clash between the BoU and the Inspectorate General of Government “highly tendentious” and “not supported by objective evidence”, in a statement released by the central bank on April 5.
The inspectorate, which investigates abuses of public office, believes Tumusiime-Mut
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde