International Monetary Fund staff recommend Moroccan authorities adopt a new central bank law to reinforce the independence of the Central Bank of Morocco.
After visiting Morocco from March 19 to April 3 in the context of the Article IV consultation, IMF staff stressed the central bank should also play a more prominent role in fostering financial stability.
The team “recommends the adoption, as soon as possible, of the new central bank law, which will strengthen its independence and its role
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed