A former governor of the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago has hit back at claims he is under investigation by the nation’s “fraud squad” for actions he took while head of the country’s Deposit Insurance Corporation (DIC).
“The allegations being made against me are frivolous, baseless and vexatious,” Jwala Rambarran said in a blog post.
“During my tenure as governor of the central bank and chairman of the DIC, I performed my duties lawfully, ethically and responsibly, upholding the highest s
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research