Several major banks fell short of the People’s Bank of China’s expectations in a recent stress test, the central bank warns in a recent report.
In a statement accompanying the financial stability report, the PBoC says there are increasing risks globally, particularly due to trade tensions “provoked by the United States”. It also highlights domestic uncertainties due to the transition underway in the economy.
The Chinese authorities are currently trying to balance a move towards “high-quality
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Video Q&A: Natalie Dempster, World Gold Council
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed
- NY Fed official sketches key factors for balance sheet plans