Banks will have to carry out new credit checks in the United Arab Emirates before issuing customers with cheque books, the central bank announced.
In an attempt to foster “responsible lending practices”, the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates has asked banks to carry out checks with the Al Etihad Credit Bureau (AECB) to “ensure the creditworthiness of their customers”.
While the central bank has encouraged lenders to push customers towards other payment methods, following the credit
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund