Sveriges Riksbank has signed an agreement with the UK-based banknote manufacturer De La Rue to print Swedish banknotes in a contract valid for just over three years.
The decision, unveiled on September 19, follows the termination of the Riksbank’s contract with its former supplier, Crane Currency, after the banknote maker announced it will be closing its printing operations in Tumba.
In May 2018, Crane declared it was transferring production to a new plant in Malta.
“There is no question of
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group