The Swiss National Bank (SNB) has acquired a 90% stake in banknote substrate manufacturer Landqart, stepping in to rescue the company amid an “acute need for liquidity”.
“Following the unexpected cancellation of an order by a customer abroad, Landqart experienced a sharp drop in turnover,” says the Swiss central bank in a statement published today (December 21).
The Sfr21.5 million ($21.7 million) buyout will ensure the “survival of the company”, says the SNB.
The SNB formed a relationship wi
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure