The Central Bank of São Tomé and Príncipe has redenominated the nation’s currency in conjunction with the launch of its new banknote and coin series.
Celebrating its twenty-fifth anniversary this year, the central bank is launching the new series to showcase the wildlife of the island nation. The series consists of six new banknotes and five new coins.
In a statement, the central bank said 1 new dobra would be equal to 1,000 of the previous dobras. 10,000 dobras is currently worth $0.49.
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?