Trinidad and Tobago: The central bank has announced the appointment of chief economist Alvin Hilaire as a deputy governor.
Hilaire has spent 17 years with the central bank across three separate stints and also served 11 years with the IMF as a senior economist and as an IMF Resident Representative to Guinea and Sierra Leone.
He replaces Shelton Nicholls, who held the post for a decade, and will be responsible for research and policy at the central bank. Jwala Rambarran, the central bank's govern
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency