The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has reached a "broad consensus" with the government on the design of a monetary policy committee (MPC), governor Raghuram Rajan said today (August 4).
Two weeks ago the ministry of finance published proposals for a seven-member MPC with a majority of external members, though this was a consultation, not its official position.
Rajan did not reveal much about the agreement, noting it still required parliamentary approval, but insisted both parties were on the same p
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB