Governor Ardian Fullani could be forced out of the Bank of Albania (BoA) after the central bank's supervisory council called for his "dismissal" in an official statement over the weekend, claiming he had been arrested by state police.
According to the council, Fullani is the latest and most senior BoA executive to be arrested, while Elivar Golemi, the bank's chief auditor, was also detained.
The council "decided to propose to the Assembly of the Republic of Albania the dismissal of the governor"
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor