Singapore's minister of finance and former head of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Tharman Shanmugaratnam, will serve a fourth year as chairman of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC) after the 24 members of the IMF advisory body asked him to extend his term.
The IMFC, made up of finance ministers and central bank governors, is the IMF's policy advisory committee. It deliberates on the principal policy issues facing the IMF and the international monetary and finan
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor