The Federal Reserve Banks have outlined a 10-year plan to improve the US payment system and are looking to the payments industry and general public to provide the detail.
In a consultation paper published yesterday, the regional reserve banks identify what they believe are the "key gaps" in the payment system and set five broad targets to address them.
The paper asks the wider payments industry to suggest specific tactics for meeting these targets and to comment on the role the reserve banks sho
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says